Saturday, June 30, 2012

VHS Box Art Of The Week - Veronica 2030


Sexploitation. The kind of ultra softcore that could only be appealing to my confused 12 year old self. And appealing it was. I remember a lot of covers like this as I pretended to pass through the section of my local videostore that, from my memory, seemed to specialize in real-life gore videos and these half-animated-naked-women-on-the-cover movies. I really wish I could remember the titles of some of the films that seduced/repelled me as a child. I find it impressive that a few of these films may have escaped the internet (and my memory... although admittedly this is not the case with Veronica 2030). Interestingly, the same New Hampshire rental joint I used to frequent as an adolescent is now selling all of its vhs. I thought I had bought out the stock 2 years ago, but inexplicably they had more when I returned from Oakland this summer. The woman at the counter didn't know what the prices were, and seem surprised that I could purchase them, which leads me to think that perhaps I am the only one buying these. 


No comments:

Post a Comment